Most Popular Pages
Tours of the historic Supreme Court Building are provided throughout the year.
The New Mexico Supreme Court welcomes tour groups of all types interested in visiting our historic Courthouse and Supreme Court Law Library. The Court and Law Library are regularly visited by school groups, community organizations, individuals, and others. The Court provides free staff-led public tours throughout the year.
Q: How may I arrange a tour of the Supreme Court or Law Library?.
A: Individuals and groups interested in a tour of the Supreme Court Building should submit a request using the Tour Request Form below. Tour requests must be made two weeks in advance.
Q: How long is a tour of the building?
A: Tours of the building usually take 45-60 minutes.
Q: What if I need special accommodations as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990?
A: Please indicate what your special needs are at the time you schedule a visit. We will arrange for reasonable accommodations under the ADA.
Q: How many people may I have in a visiting group?
A: The Court can best accommodate groups of up to 20 individuals, but arrangements may be made to accommodate larger groups.
Q: What security protocols should I be aware of when visiting the New Mexico Supreme Court?
A: Listed below are the established security protocols when visiting the Court:
● All persons entering the New Mexico Supreme Court Building are subject to search.
● The Supreme Court’s electronic device policy applies to visitors, including tour groups. Recording devices of any kind are not permitted. Please do not bring cameras, cell phones/smart phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
● The Supreme Court’s security policies do not allow backpacks or large purses, and this restriction applies to tour groups. Please do not bring backpacks, bags, or large purses.
● Court employees will not hold any prohibited items.
● All visitors are required to sign in and wear visitor badges. To assist with the security screening process, visitors and groups should submit a list of attendees in advance.
● Please allow up to 15 minutes for security screening.
Tour Request Form
This form must be submitted at least TWO WEEKS before the requested date of the visit.